Do you want that your photos look beautiful like that of professionals? If yes, then try these powerful and fun photo editing tools for beginners.
We have collected 12 best photo editing tools, and whether you are looking for comprehensive editing power, arty effects, ease of use or just a quick way to spice up a photo, there’s something for you here.
1. Paint.NET: This app is great for editing the basics of any image, with options to resize and rotate your photos, some special effects, a good range of selection and paint tools. Some features of this app include:
- Easy to Use.
- Edit basics of any image.
- Support for layer.
- Clear and straightforward interface.
2. PhotoScape: Though this app won’t appeal to editing experts as there is no layer support, but if you are just looking to have some quick fun with a photo then it’s a very different story. There are many clipart images ready to paste into your picture. Some other features of this tool include:
- You can add custom speech bubbles to an image.
- You can apply some great special effects.
- You can create animated GIFs.
- It supports 11 artistic styles (Pastel, Pencil, Cartoon and more).
3. GIMP: The GNU Image Manipulation Program(GIMP) first appeared in 1996 and since then, it has been regularly updated. So, it is no surprise that the package is the most powerful free photo editor that you will find anywhere. The various features of this tool are:
- There are many tools to correct colors, brightness, contrast and more.
- Gimp can also be used to sharpen or blur an image, remove red-eye and fix perspective problems.
- You can add special lighting effects, create an animation and turn a photo into an oil painting using this photo editing tool.
- The paint tools in GIMP are amazing.
- There is full layer support and the program can also be extended.
But, all these features mean GIMP takes a while to learn. So if you have any previous image editing experience, then you will be doing useful work within minutes.
4. PhoXo: This Photo editing tool has grown into a very useful editor with something for everyone. Kids can customize images with cartoon cats, play around with the clipart. Practical type people will enjoy options like the ability to add a custom watermark to an entire folder of images, and for all, it will appreciate the drawing and paint tools, effects, image transformations and much more.
5. PhotoFiltre: It is more an image retouching tool than a conventional editor. PhotoFiltre has plenty of editing features and is capable of some spectacular results. For instance, the PhotoMask tool alone applies stylish contour and transparency effects to your image for an impressively artistic effect. There are many paint tools, filters and color corrections.
Overall, Photofiltre is a great choice when you need more artistic editing options.
6. Picasa: It is known as photographs of Google manager, but is much more than that. Picasa is also a simple photo editor superintuitivo for less experienced users. It allows users to perform basic fixes and add some interesting effects.
7. PixBuilder Studio: This photo editor tool is a useful mid-range photo editor with a strong focus on practical features. So here instead of cartoon clipart and arty effects, you will get sensible features like crop, plenty of color correction tools, resize and rotate options, sharpness and blur filters and some capable print tools.
Although there is not much fun here, but PixBuilder Studio is great it you just want to make your photos a little better.
8. IrfanView: IrfanView is basically about viewing images, but it also includes more plenty of editing power. Here you can rotate and resize an image, tweak its colors, set brightness and contrast, sharpen a photo, add text captions or watermarks, remove red-eye and can apply a range of special effects.
9. Chasys Draw IES: Chasys Draw IES proves to be a very capable photo editor with a stack of essential features like:
- Extensive paint and drawing tools.
- Strong layer support.
- Lots of smart special effects.
- Plenty of color and lighting adjustments.
- Photoshop plugin support, and more.
Also, you can use it to create animations, icons and cursors, CD or DVD labels or even capture videos of desktop activity.
10. Photos Pos Pro: The tiny and dated interface of Photo Pos Pro doesn’t look too promising, but when you begin to explore, you will soon be impressed by it. There are many selection options, color corrections, paint tools and more.
In this photo editing tool, you will get reasonable support for layers and masks, plenty of special effects, and a scripting tool which helps you automate many editing tasks. The Photos Pos Pro program offers some fun touches also like a set of Magical effects which help you add fireworks, stardust, bubbles or similar decorations to an image.
11. Funny Photo Maker: This tool has no layer support, no paint or drawing options, no smart selection tools. But the non-availability of these features doesn’t matter, because what Funny Photo Maker does have is an amazing range of effects that you can apply in seconds.
Using this tool, you can add someone’s face to a movie poster, transform a still image into an animation, add rain or snow to a photo, apply some excellent frames and turn your photos into a collage, along with many other options.
12. Pixlr: It has a full suite of image editors for all needs and for any kind of user. Whether you like to work online or prefer to do it from your mobile, this tool lets you create spectacular arrangements with your favorite photos. Pixlr Editor is very robust but if you do not want to complicate things, then Pixlr Express has the quick fix to anyone.
Well, these were the 12 best powerful and fun photo editing tools for beginners. Are you using anyone of them? Or, you may have any other tool in your mind? Don’t forgot to share with us in the comment section below.
After writing the article, we came across another great photo editing tool that we wanted to share.
Canva: Canva works a little different from the other photo editing tools we’ve taken a look at so far. Canva offers an online photo editing environment that is free and easy to use. Search through their extensive collection of free or pay-to-use stock art as well as 100’s of font’s to compliment your design. Not only can do you get full photo editing capabilities, but being a cloud-based editing environment, Canva allows users to collaborate with other members for those times meeting up to edit a design is not possible.