Microsoft has announced that it will release Windows 10 on 29 July, 2015 and Threshold is the codename given to it. It is also said that Windows 10 will be the last version of Windows.
Windows 10 is targeted to connect all the Microsoft running devices such as Personal Computers, Windows Phone, Xbox One and Windows Embedded product families, as well as new product categories.
There is good news for die-hard Windows 7 and Windows 8 users because Windows 10 will also be available for them as a free upgrade for the first year.
Windows 10 New Features
- The new feature Continuum allows consistent user interface for the users, users using Windows 10 on PC will see the new system in a classic desktop mode and the tablet or Smartphone user will see it transform into the touch screen mode.
- Windows 10 will be coming with new web browser called Microsoft Edge instead of Internet Explorer. The most prominent feature of this Browser is its ability to annotate Web pages directly that means you can draw right on Web pages, type notes and clip sections of interest to OneNote and share them via email or on your social networks.
- Windows 10 will feature Cortana – Microsoft’s personal assistant tool which will act as a search tool and will pop-up with notifications as already in Windows Phone
- Windows 10 will have the Start button which we loved and missed in Windows 8. It is a complete Start menu with our most often used apps arranged in a column.
- Windows 10 will provide the Windows Defender for free anti-malware protection. It will also provide users to login with secured Biometric authentication with fingerprint recognition, face or iris recognition in the supported devices.
- Windows 10 through the Xbox Live SDK will allow the users to play games and control them from an Xbox One console over a local network.