The game streaming from Xbox One to PC is the best feature of Windows 10. But if you think that streaming quality needs to be improved, you are in the right place. A Reddit user named OomaThurman has uncovered a way to unlock very high quality streaming from Xbox One to Windows 10 PC.
To unlock very high quality streaming from Xbox One to Windows 10 PC, you need to follow the following steps:
1. Firstly, you need to open File Explorer, and just copy/paste the following location: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Packages\
2. Now, you need to scroll down and open the folder named as “Microsoft.XboxApp…”
3. After opening the above folder, you need to open the folder LocalState.
4. Now, right click the file named “userconsoledata” and select “Open With” and select Notepad.
5. Change the following:
<IsInternalPreview>false</IsInternalPreview> into: <IsInternalPreview>true</IsInternalPreview>
6. Now you need to open the Xbox App and start streaming. In the top right of the stream window, you need to click the ((o)) button to select Very High.
Once you unlock very high quality streaming from Xbox One to Windows 10 PC, it will enable 12Mbp/s and 1920 x 1080 streaming. We have tested the above settings and observed a noteworthy difference in the streaming quality from the normal high quality settings.
The graphics of the games look sharper and less blurred than before, but the required bandwidth naturally increases. While we were checking the above settings, we found that it uses between 10-16mbps on most games of Xbox One, and occasionally we noticed some additional buffering.
If you are confident enough to follow the above steps to unlock very high quality streaming from Xbox One to Windows 10 PC, then just do that and enjoy!